How to create a button to show a location in Google Maps
- Create a Google API Key
- Go to the Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Click the project drop-down and select or create the project for which you want to add an API key.
- Click the menu button and select APIs & Services > Credentials.
- On the Credentials page, click + Create Credentials > API key.
The API key created dialog displays the newly created API key.
- Click Close.
The new API key is listed on the Credentials page under API Keys.
(Remember to restrict the API key before using it in production.)
- Go to the admin area.
- Click in the
Create a new button:
Toolbarelement (see 1 on graphic)
Services (Architecture)element (see 2 on graphic)
- Select type
Open dialog button(see 3 on graphic)
- Enter the name
Open in Google Maps(see 4 on graphic)
- Click on
Newto create the button
5. Go to the detail content of the created button element and do the following changes: -
Activated: Activate the checkbox to enable the button -
Valid for facet: Select the
URL: Use the following URL:
Now you can open the locations (Organizations -> Locations), create or select a location with longitude and latitude and open the dialog by clicking on
Open in Google Maps.