Azure resource Templates
Azure templates have been created to enable the creation of a model for the required resources in azure. These templates can be managed as a separate project in your current Solutions in Visual Studio.
- Templates are JSON based
- Creating templates
- Templates of current environments can be extracted
- Templates for common resource types can be found within Visual Studio by adding a resource and selecting the type or they can be found on the portal and used as a base to create your own.
- Not all resources are on the list in VS and it is advisable to search the repository on Github if you do not find what you are looking for.
- Editing templates
- Azure portal Build your own template in the editor when adding a resource
- Visual studio code
- Visual studio
- Extensions for Visual Studio + VS Code exist
- Can use multiple linked JSON files for different resources
- Templates can contain available functions to ensure an unique name as an example